I have been a Webmaster since 1994, and I love doing it. I can handle database design, programming, and GUI/usability work. My goal is to find an employer who is supportive of my work in Open-Source, and interested in leveraging my skills in building Web communities.
Self-employed, November 2004 to current date
- Released more than 25 "mods" (plug-ins) for the phpBB forum software.
- Released various PHP-based software products (all Open Source).
- E-Commerce credit card processing with authorize.net API.
- Handled initial sketches, database design, and beta development for the entire site.
- Took beta to full release, including code refactoring, design revisions, and SQL optimization.
- Responsible for all marketing, such as press releases, SEO, promotions, and community interaction.
- Strengthened skills in PHP, MySQL, CorelDRAW, The Gimp, Inkscape, and many development tools.
- Learned new technologies: XMLHTTP (XMLHttpRequest object), AJAX.
- Took over admin work for multiple corporate sites powered by Movable Type.
- Extended Movable Type with i18n features and PHP integration.
- Setup & deployment of Lithium forums for customer support.
- Extensive SalesForce automation: Web-to-Lead as well as Sforce API.
Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. (www.sst.com)
Manager, Web Technology, November 2000 to November 2004
- Hired and led a team of 4 on design and maintenance of the company's public Web site & intranet.
- Extensive work with MySQL, PHP, Apache; some Perl and Linux.
- Gained experience with project management, planning, employee reviews, standards & documentation.
- Intranet is a custom CMS with secure logins, file management, version control, signoff system, audit trails, and more.
- Automated data capture for CSV, Excel, Access, XML, and HTML (screen scraping).
- Worked with my team to change the static (hand-made) public site into an automated database-backed system.
- Our membership system on the public Web site has generated thousands of signups and subscribers to our mailing lists.
- Automated a huge number of internal paper-based forms.
Director of Usability & Interface Design, March 2000 to November 2000
- Led a team of 4 on design and maintenance of Arzoo's Web site.
- Extensive work with open source technologies such as Apache, CVS, and PHP.
- Built intranet site for UI team, including project tracking tool with email notification system.
- Set up video production system, using VideoShop and EditDV.
- Extensive database work (MySQL, DBI, Access).
- Experience handling layoffs.
Web Site Manager, November 1998 to March 2000
- Hired staff and managed relationships with contractors and agencies.
- Overhauled the Web site design, which reduced errors and improved download time.
- Built Actuate's intranet (3 servers handling reporting, collateral, and services for other departments).
- Developed lead sorting/filtering program that instantly routed customer data to the proper Sales Rep.
- Used DHTML to call attention to special promotions, doubling the click-through to those areas.
- Created a content management system in Perl.
Lead Web Designer, April 1996 to November 1998
- Hands-on interface design and site architecture for this 15,000 page Web site (1.5 million hits/day).
- Created online greeting cards, rotating ad banners, form processors, games, cookie-based personalization.
- Developed Web launches for many products, quadrupling traffic to one product's home page.
- Featured speaker at ICon 1998.
Self-employed, June 1993 to April 1996
- Created WEBsurf magazine (featured in NetGuide, PC Magazine, and America Online).
- Contracted to design TKO Personnel's Goldmine magazine.
- Some Applescript programming.
Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA (1991-1993)
Monterey Peninsula College, Monterey, CA (1991)
Westmont College, Montecito, CA (1989-1990)
Woman Without (poetry), Amelia, issue 26
Available upon request.